Alex PapagiannidisSolutions Engineer, Tableau
- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Nov 07 2020
- Time: 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Irangi Gamage1 ticket
Tyler Boulanger1 ticket
lauren chang1 ticket
Viranchi Dhawan1 ticket
Waleed Rosunally1 ticket
Anisa Jamal1 ticket
Mohamad Balchi1 ticket
Tableau’s First Date with Data (McMaster MBA Students Only)
OSCAR PLUS REGISTERATION REQUIRED
This course introduces data visualization using Tableau. This is the first in a series of courses that will illustrate the importance of data visualization, and the methodologies behind data manipulation. This first installment will also give you a taste of effective storytelling and the crucial role data has towards informed business decision making.
Participants will be familiarized with the Tableau platform and learn to harness the full potential of the software. A real-life dataset will be provided to build a professional quality interactive dashboard.
This course is designed as an Introduction to Data Visualization & Tableau. Tableau Desktop is available to download and install for free for all students.
Participants should have a basic working knowledge of Excel and are expected to download & install Tableau in advance of the course. An additional monitor is recommended but not required.
1. How to inspire change & business decisions with analytics?
- An overview of data analytics
- Examples of effective data visualizations
- Transforming data
2. Connecting data & different types of visualizations
- Learn how to connect data into Tableau
- Learn the interface of Tableau
- Overview of the different types of data visualizations
3. Data Visualization Story
- Technical knowledge in developing data driven stories in Tableau
- Fundamental rules of developing effective data-driven stories that drive action
There will be an interactive quiz to solidify concepts, and help you get the most out of our workshops.